Important Pet Cancer Facts
1. Cancer accounts for nearly 50% of all disease related pet deaths
2. Cancer is the #1 natural cause of death in older pets.
3. Dogs get cancer at roughly the same rate as humans.
4. One in four dogs die of cancer.
5. Over 50% of dogs over the age of 10 will die of cancer.
6. Cancer can occur in virtually any part of your dog’s body.
7. The cause of cancer in pets is largely unknown.
8. Common risks of obesity in pets include many forms of cancer.
Canine cancer is the leading cause of death in dogs over the age of two, and afflicts one in every four. In the past, a cancer diagnosis for a dog almost always meant a shortened life, but studies and advancements made by veterinary scientists have brought tremendous strides in the area of canine cancer research leading to the development of new treatments aimed at curing canine cancer. These advancements have extended the lives of our beloved canine friends, but there is still much more work to be done before we find a cure.